"The whole family will like this stew!
(Prep Time: 15 Min - Cook Time: 2 Hrs - Ready In: 2 Hrs 15 Min)
Original Recipe Yield 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
In a re-sealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil. Add the soup, water, onion and basil; mix well. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Add potatoes and carrots. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.