(Prep Time: 40Min - Cook Time: 8 Hrs - Ready In: 8 Hrs 40 Min)
Original Recipe Yield 8 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cubanelle pepers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Suggested toppings: sliced radishes, diced avocado, sliced bell peppers, fresh cilantro
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, cubanelle peppers, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup. Pass bowls of toppings.